Whether you are looking to switch up your lunch time routine or are just looking for a tasty and healthy snack, Veg Manchurian Dry can be the perfect option. It is a delicious dish that is packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals that can have positive benefits for your health if you make it the baked way.
Veg Dry Manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese dish, in which vegetables are usually deep-fried till golden and crisp, then mixed with a flavourful chutney made of garlic, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar.
Veg manchurian dry can be made from many types of vegetables like cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, beans, mushrooms and many more.The sauce is usually made from soy sauce, chili sauce, garlic, ginger and other spices. Veg Manchurian Dry is usually served with rice or noodles, and is a favorite among vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. Veg Manchurian Dry Recipe the dish is usually garnished with spring onions and red chili peppers for a spicy kick. This is a delicious and satisfying meal for any occasion.
Prep time: 30-35 minutes
Read More – Shahi Paneer Recipe
For making manchurian balls Ingridients
- Cabbage 1 cup (chopped)
- Carrot ½ (chopped)
- French beans ½ cup (chopped)
- Spring onion greens ¼ cup (chopped)
- Fresh coriander 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Ginger 1 inch (chopped)
- Garlic 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Green chilli paste (2 chillies)
- Light soy sauce 1 tsp
- Red chilli sauce 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder a pinch
- Sugar a pinch
- Corn flour 6 tbsp
- Refined flour 3 tbsp
For making sauce Ingredients
How to make veg Manchurian dry(step by step process)
Add grated garlic and ginger along with all the seasoning & sauces, mix everything well using your clean hands, mix it lightly or else the vegetables will start releasing their moisture.
Further add the corn flour & refined flour in batches & keep mixing everything well with your hands. Do not put too much flour in the mixture, and put little by little.
Further, add stock/hot water, green chilli paste, dark soy sauce, vinegar, white pepper powder, salt & sugar, stir well & bring to a boil.
You can make Manchurian with vegetables of your choice like cauliflower, beetroot, bell peppers etc but generally Carrots, cabbage, onions, green onions are definitely put in Manchurian. Being rich in vegetables, its properties increase a lot. Garlic and ginger are also added to Manchurian. Which is a very good immunity booster. Maize flour is also used in Manchurian. Maida is also added to make Manchurian which is a great binding . We also use many types of sauces in Manchurian like tomato ketchup, red chili sauce, green chili sauce, soya sauce. Which gives a very good flavor to Manchurian.
How many calories are in a Veg Manchurian?
Manchurian can be both healthy and unhealthy for health, but it depends on the way it is made. One serving of Vegetable Manchurian made in olive oil with vanaspati will have approximately 200 calories. While one serving of Manchurian is made in the market with refined oil and extra curry will have around 330 calories.
So the nutritional value is really based on the choice of ingredients used. According to her, Manchurian is quite nutritious, containing healthy carbs and fibre. Dry Mix Veg Manchurian Dish is a healthier dish if you bake it instead of deep frying it. The vegetables used in Dry Mix Veg Manchurian are also healthy and nutritious. Being loaded with vegetables, Manchurian is a great dish to improve digestion.
Is dry Manchurian good for health?
How did you like this Dry Manchurian recipe made of rich vegetables and licked with spicy sauce, do tell us by writing in the comment. you can also email me email@example.com. If you like the recipe then do like and share.
Veg Manchurian Dry
- For making sauce Ingredients
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Onions 2 tbsp chopped
- Garlic 4 tbsp chopped
- Ginger 1 inch
- Coriander stems 1 tsp
- Green chillies 1-2 nos. chopped
- Capsicum 2 tbsp chopped
- Stock / hot water 100-150 ml
- Green chilli paste 2-3 tsp
- Dark soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tsp
- White pepper powder a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Sugar a pinch
- Corn flour 1 tbsp
- Water 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander small handful
- Spring onion bulbs 2 tbsp
- Spring onion greens 2 tbsp
- In a large bowl add chopped vegetables carrot , cabbage, French beans, capsicum and spring green onion.
- Add grated garlic and ginger along with all the seasoning & sauces, mix everything well using your clean hands, mix it lightly or else the vegetables will start releasing their moisture.
- Further add the corn flour & refined flour in batches & keep mixing everything well with your hands. Do not put too much flour in the mixture, and put little by little.
- To check the consistency, pick a small portion of the mixture in your hand & form a ball out of it, if the mixture comes together well then you have achieved the right consistency.
- In total I’ve used 6 tbsp of corn flour and 3 tbsp of refined flour, you can adjust the quantity depending on the consistency of the mixture.
- After preparing the mixture, you have to make balls immediately and fry them , otherwise they will start leaving water.
- Set oil for frying in a wok on high heat, dip your fingers in water and take a small amount of mixture & roughly shape the manchurian in ball size, and drop in hot oil.
- On high heat and do not stir initially, allow the manchurian balls to form a layer, further lower the flame to medium low and cook the manchurian balls, so it gets cooked from inside, fry them until the colour changes to light golden brown, make sure to stir in intervals while frying. This frying process may take around 3-4 minutes.
- As soon as the colour changes to light golden brown, remove it and keep it in the strainer and rest for 5-7 minutes. At this stage you can keep half cooked manchurian balls aside and later refry them when you’re about to make the manchurian.
- By the time, increase the heat to high heat so the becomes really hot, once the oil is really hot flash fry the half cooked manchurian balls on high heat for few seconds or until it turns super crispy and the colour changes to golden brown.
- Manchurian balls are ready, keep them aside to be used for tossing it later in the sauce.
- Set a pan on high flame, add oil and let it heat nicely, further add onions, garlic, ginger, coriander stems, green chillies & capsicum, stir & cook on high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Further, add stock/hot water, green chilli paste, dark soy sauce, vinegar, white pepper powder, salt & sugar, stir well & bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, add corn starch & water, mix well and make a smooth lump free slurry, add this slurry to the sauce once it starts to boil, mix and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce thickens, add the crispy fried manchurian balls along with that add, fresh coriander, spring onion bulbs and spring onion greens, stir well to coat the manchurian ball with the sauce.
- Your masala dry manchurian is ready, garnish with some spring onion greens and serve hot.